Thursday 26 November 2015

Boost for Bayern as Frank Ribery Set to Return against Ingolstadt after a Long Injury Spell

After being sidelined for ankle injury since March 11, the powerful winger could be cleared to return to action sooner than expected. The creative winger set eyes on December 12 for his return.

The Frenchman has been out of action since March 11, when he suffered an ankle injury after netting in a 7-0 Champions League thrashing of Shakhtar Donetsk.

However, Ribery returned to training a fortnight ago and is now optimistic about his chances of making first-team return when Bayern face local rivals Ingolstadt at the Allianz Arena on December 12.

"I will try," the winger told reporters on Thursday. "I've done well in the last couple of weeks. I have worked on my conditioning and I hope I can join in with the team in training soon.

"At the moment, things are looking good."

Asked if 15 minutes against Ingolstadt was possible, he added: "I hope so. At the minute, yes. My ankle is feeling good right now.

"I worked hard Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I did every exercise and it feels good."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment