Friday 6 February 2015

Mourinho Finally Ends Media Black-out

The Chelsea manager has not spoken to journalists since he was fined and Diego Costa was suspended by the Football Association, and was in no mood for Friday's press conference. Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was in surly mood as he ended his media black-out, curtly answering journalists' questions on a number of subjects from injuries to his happiness in England.

"You know why I'm here, so you cannot expect me to be super happy to be here," he said at his first press briefing since he was charged by the Football Association for accusing referees of a campaign against his team. Asked if he attended because felt compelled, he replied: "Yes."

Mourinho also brought up the touchline spat with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger earlier in the season when he was asked if he expected a fine for not speaking to the media.

"You know, the only surprise I had, in relation to that, was for it not to be punished when I was pushed by another manager. Apart from that, I can expect anything."

Two days after Mourinho's sanction, Blues striker Diego Costa was banned for three matches for a stamp on Liverpool's Emre Can. When asked why he had not made any press appearances either side of the 1-1 draw with Manchester City last Saturday, Mourinho added: "You can make a silence very noisy. You could make noise with my silence, it depends on you. If I was a journalist I could make from silence, lots of words."

The Portuguese, clearly reluctant to answer any questions or shed light on any issues, was also asked if he is still enjoying his work, after he professed his love for English football on his return to Stamford Bridge in 2013 despite a number of run-ins in his first spell on these shoes.

"I’m enjoying my work with my players," he answered. "When I like my players an like my squad, I’m much more happy. More motivated to work. And this is the case."

The Blues boss also refused to be drawn on the reasons for his apparent annoyance when it was put to him that the reasons lay in Costa's suspension. "Not just. I don't reflect. I don't even think about it because maybe they [the FA] can read my reflection and I don't want [that]."

Mourinho did confirm, in a roundabout way, that Cesc Fabregas was fit to return to the starting line-up after missing the draw with City, but would not be drawn any further on Saturday's match in the Midlands: "I don't have to talk about Aston Villa." (Goal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment