Monday 23 February 2015

IMPERSONATION: Fake Customs Officer Dupes NAFDAC Director, Others

Lagos State Police Command has arrested a fake Customs officer who has swindled an assistant director of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and many other Nigerians of millions of naira in bogus customs auction sales.

The suspect, Ramoni Raji, 63, a husband of three wives and father of nine children was nabbed after one Mrs Uche sent a petition to the Lagos State Commissioner for Police, Mr Cornelius Aderanti, alleging that the suspect, Raji swindled her of N800, 000 after parading himself as a customs officer.

Uche alleged that Raji assured her that he would procure her customs auction vehicles.

LEADERSHIP gathered that Raji has been arrested in 2013 for impersonation.

A police sergeant attached to the State Anti Robbery Squad led by SP Abba Kyari said the police boss Aderanti ordered Kyari to carry out the operation and he did it successfully.

Raji told police: “I have been duping people. I’ve duped many people. In Ilorin, I promised to give about 600 bags of rice for N3.5 million to a victim, but I didn’t. In Abuja, I did a scam of N4.2million. I duped an assistant director, operations, NAFDAC, by promising a car I didn’t supply.” (Leadership)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment