Tuesday 21 April 2015

Silva Returns to Training After Cheekbone Scare

The Spanish midfielder was caught by Cheikhou Kouyate's elbow during the club's 2-0 win over West Ham but subsequent scans showed he had not sustained a fracture.

Manchester City midfielder David Silva has returned to training after his injury scare during the Premier League champions' 2-0 win over West Ham on Sunday.

The Spain international was caught by an elbow from Cheikhou Kouyate during the clash, and City's medical staff subsequently administered oxygen to the stricken 29-year-old.

Manager Manuel Pellegrini later confirmed that City feared Silva had broken his cheekbone, but scans showed that there was no fracture and he was able to take part in training on Tuesday.

Kouyate, who was booked for his part in the incident, took to Twitter to apologise, writing: "I would like to say to (Silva) that I am very sorry that you were injured during the match on Sunday, but it was not my intention.

"I went for the ball and my eyes were on the ball. I always play the ball and never the player. You are a great guy and a great player and I hope you are back on the field very soon."

City face Aston Villa this weekend, and the club will monitor Silva in the hope that he is available for selection. (Goal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment