Tuesday 16 December 2014

PDP Lacks Justice, Fairness, Says Akala

Former Governor of Oyo State and the governorship candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the state, Chief Adebayo Alao Akala, has said he left his former party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), due to lack of justice and fairness.
Akala, who made the assertion while being received at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja at the weekend, declared that his new party would emerge victorious in the 2015 governorship election in the state.

The former governor recently left PDP for LP and emerged the party’s governorship flag-bearer after five other aspirants had unanimously stepped down for him.

Speaking to journalists during the visit, the governorship candidate said the incumbent governor, Abiola Ajimobi, is not a threat to his ambition.

“I wanted justice and fairness and I didn’t get it from there, that is why I decided to go to where I think they will recognise me. I know that anything we are doing in this country, we must be fair to each other, basically that is why I left.”

On why he wanted to go back to the Government House having been there before, Akala said: “I did not leave anything behind but I just felt service is still needed and that is the only way I can contribute to better people’s lives. I have done it before and if I did it badly, I won’t have thought of coming back because I am aware of what I did that people were very happy about, so I want to put smiles on their faces.

“My priority is how we can manage the economy of the state and to make life more bearable for the people of the state,” he said.

The National Chairman of the party, Abdulkadir Salau, expressed confidence that the Labour Party would win the governorship election in the state based its antecedents and track record of performance in the sister state of Ondo.

The party while defending its choice of Akala, said in a statement issued by its National Secretary, Kayode Ajulo, that there was nothing strange in fielding Alao Akala, adding that his administration had carried along the workers of the state during his first term in office.

“It is just a matter of water eventually finding its level. The issues must be put in correct perspective. It is not enough to limit ourselves to mere tooth picking analysis or fixated social media opinion.”

Source: ThisDay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment