Thursday 7 April 2016

Swansea City Promising Academy Star Evans Signs First Professional Deal

Swansea City scholar Keiran Evans who is one of their promising youngsters has signed his first professional deal with the club that will see him stay at the Liberty Stadium until June 2017. The Swansea-born midfielder, who turned 17 last month, has been with the club’s academy since the age of six.

The home-grown attacking midfielder was part of the Wales squad that lifted the FA Victory Shield in 2014 the first time in 66 years.

Evans, who has made 23 appearances for the Under-18s in category one this season, expressed his delight at signing his first professional deal with the Swans.

“I am really pleased. It is a massive achievement for me and I have a big two years ahead,” he said.

“I was hoping to sign a professional contract but I am thrilled to have the opportunity with the Swans, who I have supported since I was a kid.

“I have grown up with the club and now I am getting closer and closer to where I want to be and what I have been working towards.

“I want to make my family proud and keep working hard towards the overall goal of playing for the Swans.

“Over the next two years my main aim will be to break into the Under-21s squad and keep developing my game.”

Source: Swanseacitynet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment