Friday 4 December 2015

Gervinho is the Most Skilful Team-mate I Ever Met - Hazard Reveals

Eden Hazard while answering questions during Chelsea's question hour, the former Lile player reveals that former Arsenal player Gervinho is the most skillful player he has ever played with. The Chelsea winger played alongside the Ivory Coast international at Lille, with Gervinho scoring 36 goals and providing 21 assists in 93 appearances for the club prior to his move to the Emirates Stadium.

And Hazard has now praised the 28-year-old, who endured a difficult two seasons in north London prior to his move to Roma.

"I played with Gervinho at Lille, he had a lot of skill and he was very quick as well," Hazard surprisingly revealed after being asked which of his former team-mates he counts as the best.

"In the national team we have a lot of them: Yannick Carrasco, a young player at Atletico Madrid, Dries Mertens, Kevin De Bruyne, Kevin Mirallas, they are all very good and like to show their skills in matches."

Hazard has also revealed that his favourite skill is the nutmeg, and has reserved special praise for Oscar, who pulled off three such moves in the Blues' 0-0 draw with Tottenham.

“My favourite skill is the nutmeg, which is known as panna in French, and also another skill which Zinedine Zidane used to do when he would spin on the ball.

"I still like the nutmeg, Oscar did three at Tottenham on Sunday, it’s a good skill to use.

"When I was in France playing for Lille against Monaco, I was on the wing and beat a few defenders with some skills. Against Southampton at home last season I did two nutmegs. In my first season against West Ham I scored a good goal and in the same game there was another piece of skill I did.

Hazard further reveals the best piece of skill he has ever seen during a match.

He says "It was by Robinho for Brazil against Italy, I think it was in a friendly and the ball came to him on the touchline and he did some step-overs and sent the defenders the wrong way. Another Robinho one was when he looked like he was going to cross the ball from out wide and then scored with a shot. I can’t remember who it was against but it was fantastic".

Source: Chelseafc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment