Friday 20 March 2015

I Am Ready to Sacrifice My Life For Boko Haram to Stop Killing People in Nigeria - Emir of Kano Lamido Sanusi

Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi said during an interview with CNN reporter Chritiane Amanpour that he was ready to give his life if that would stop the sect from killing innocent Nigerians.

“If I had a way of knowing that if Boko Haram takes my life they will stop killing people in Nigeria, I will give up my life. I have nothing else to live for; I have achieved everything I wanted to achieve!

“I think the most important thing is for every Muslim leader to speak up and for the Muslims to let people know that this is not Islam, for the society not to accept them, for the society not to give them accommodation, for the state to protect the people to the best of its ability and for genuine grievances to be addressed,” he said.

Sanusi also blamed the huge gap between the rich and the poor in Nigeria for the insurgency stating: “We have a very unequal society vertically and horizontally.

“There is a lot of poverty and unemployment, there are conditions that have been created for youths to be radicalised. All of these have to be addressed at the same time, but silence and fear will not be the solution and will not stop them from targeting leaders.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment