Thursday 28 May 2015

De Bruyne - I Won't Return to Chelsea While Mourinho is There

The Belgium international was given just three Premier League outings by the Blues boss and says he will not return to Chelsea while he is still in the hotseat. Wolfsburg winger Kevin de Bruyne has given suitors Manchester City a boost by hinting he would welcome a return to England – but not to a Chelsea side managed by Jose Mourinho. De Bruyne moved to Stamford Bridge from Genk in 2012 but was initially loaned to Werder Bremen. Having been recalled for the 2013-14 season he made just three Premier League appearances under Mourinho before completing a permanent move to Wolfsburg last January.

The 23-year-old's agent, Patrick De Koster, has claimed Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain are also in the race to sign the Belgium international following a fine season in the Bundesliga, though the player himself says he would be open to another Premier League move. But it will not be Chlesea while Mourinho is in the hotseat: "I think, to be honest, I would not return to Chelsea as long as he is in charge," he told Bild.

"I know that I like the Bundesliga, and it always did me good.

"But I don't fear returning to England, or playing in Spain. I believe I can make it there.

"You can't compare my time at Chelsea with what I'm doing now."

De Bruyne scored 15 goals in all competitions and helped Wolfsburg secure Champions League qualification for next season via a second-placed Bundesliga finish.

While there have been a number or reports around his future, however, earlier in May club CEO Klaus Allofs insisted Wolfsburg have no intention of parting with their prized asset, stating he is "100 per cent convinced" the Belgian will remain at the Volkswagen Arena next season. (Goal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment